A new recipe that’s become a staple at our place but which is undeniably delicious.
Recipe: Quick-O Spaghetti sauce
Summary: Spice up regular spaghetti sauce
- 1 onion, chopped, diced or whatevered
- 1 clove garlic, chopped, diced or whatever
- [optionally] a dash of Italian seasoning
- a dollop olive oil
- a pinch salt
- Your cheap-o store-bought spaghetti sauce (28 oz.)
- Chop, dice, slice, or whatever your onion and garlic.
- With a suitably-sized saucepan, add a dollop of olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Your dollop should be enough to coat the ingredients but not enough for them to swim in.
- Turn the heat to medium/medium-hot.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cover and walk away.
- Don’t come back until you’re worried (you’ll usually know by the smell.)
- Your onions and garlic should be slightly blackened at this point. If not (whimp!) cover and run away until you get worried again. If your onions and garlic are nothing but bits of charred carbon, start over and get worried sooner.
- Stir in your cheap-O spaghetti sauce. If you want to try adding a pinch of Italian seasoning, now’s the time. Simmer until your spaghetti noodles are done (you did remember to put the noodles on, right?).
- Enjoy! You’ll find this marvelous sweetness to the flavors.
Good for keeping vampires away.
You could make your sauce from scratch.
You could add meat with your onions and garlic.
You could also add Soymeat, that works, too.
Cooking time (duration): 20
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: supper
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Microformatting by hRecipe.